Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mac n Cheese Variations

For the longest time I refused to eat Mac n cheese. While I was married to my first husband it was a daily staple. In his eyes you could have it for dinner everynite, just change it up. There was the little smokies, a can of chilli, hot dogs, and tuna. There were more but I cant remember (selective memory).

But the other day I was perusing my cupboards and found a box and thought, hmmm, what the heck. One of my favorite concoctions was always the tuna and peas. Great for lunch, get your vitamins, and easy to fix. So I thought today I would share the recipe (not that it's hard to figure out). I think i'm going to fix this for lunch tomorrow.

Ingredients

1 box mac and cheese
1 can tuna
1 can sweet pease (drained)

1. Fix mac and cheese as directed on box. Add drained can of tuna and peas. Let simmer for a few minutes. (I prefer this cold, so i'll fix it and store in fridge for a few hours).

No comments: